Laser Alignment Services
Machine Shaft Alignment:
the loading of shafts dramatically increases due to the reaction forces created within the coupling. This effect can lead
- Premature bearing, seal, shaft or coupling
- High bearing temperatures
- Excessive vibration
- Looseness of foundation bolts
breaking (or cracking) of shafts at, or close to the inboard bearing
- High power consumption
Benefits of shaft alignment:
plant operating life and reliability
spare parts inventory
- Reduced overall maintenance
- Reduced cost of power consumption and
In brief, your costs will
decline and you will realize significant business value.
Dynamic machine movement created by thermal growth,
foundation settling, piping forces and overloading are the most common causes of machine displacement - which can in turn
lead to decreased efficiency due to increased loading or even to machine breakdown.
We make it possible to monitor and document both the relative and absolute machine
movements from initial start-up to full operating conditions to determine machine issues.
Graphical reporting produces clear alignment data/results
and lists the complete details of the alignment condition, even over extended periods of time.
- Steam & Gas Turbines
Surface Profile Measurement
The measurement of complex surface
profiles can be carried out using our professional alignment systems. Take full advantage of our advanced technology to determine
the profile of any of the following surfaces:
- Surface tables
- Crane slewing rings
- Circular and rectangular flanges
- Turbine, compressor and pump half casings
The measurement service supplied is complimented by detailed report
documentation on the as found and as left condition.
Alignment of Bearing Shells & Bores
We can confirm the exact position of the alignment of crankshaft and camshaft bores,
cylinder bores, pump bores, gearbox bores and stern tubes. Our measurement systems addresses the following issues:
- Are the bores in-line ?
- Are the bores aligned to a shaft rotation axis ?
- What is the offset and slope of the bore ?
- What is the position of the bores relative
- True bore centre measurement
- Saves time
- On-line move function for correction of individual points or alignment of housing to bore machines